Business Intelligence Analyst
About the role:
This position will be a key contributor to the Data and Analytics team. This position will enable business leaders by developing and maintaining a key set of Dashboards and Datasets that can be used to measure the performance of our business, market and areas of growth opportunity. You’ll assist our senior leadership team understand the details behind this data and key insights to help make data driven decisions. This team member will also oversee the operationalization of processes and projects developed as a result of machine learning models developed using these findings. The person in this role will combine a data-driven approach with practical expertise to ensure each organizational functional team are making smart decisions based on data, business metrics and operational KPIs. This team member will work very closely with and must be very effective in collaborating with Finance, Marketing, Sales, and Account Management. They must also be able to provide analysis of large amounts of data and identify insights and construct a meaningful story from the data.
- Advise Sales and Marketing leadership of business trends and marketing impact on business performance
- Strong eye for data visualization and design
- Ability to tell stories with data, educates effectively, and instills confidence in recommendations, motivating others to act on them
- Develop policies and procedures for the collection and analysis of data
- Review and validate customer data as it is collected
- Create or discover new data procurement and processing programs
- Work closely with Finance and Accounting to measure revenue results as it relates to project performance and sales activity
- Develop machine learning models that utilizes collected data to predict key metrics that could help to increase the effectiveness and efficiency of our sales, account management and marketing teams
- Meet with key, internal and external stakeholders to establish priorities and set a plan for operationalizing new or updated processes as suggested by data driven analysis
- Interface with multiple data sources such as CRM, Marketing Automation Platform, Google Analytics and other internal resources to measure campaign and program activity and to ensure data is being analyzed, distributed and leveraged in the appropriate ways
- Work closely with internal teams and outside vendors to ensure schedules are being monitored, maintained and all parties are aware of project details
- Create and present formal readouts of analysis to marketing and senior management
- Bachelor's Degree in Business, Business Intelligence, Applied Mathematics, Computer Science, Information Technology, Data Science or related field required (Master's Degree in Business Administration preferred).
- 2-3 years of relevant work experience preferred, Master’s or higher degree may substitute relevant experience.
- Hands on admin experience with BI Platforms such as Tableau, Power BI, etc.
- Experience with or knowledge of CRM software (MS Dynamics, Salesforce) and marketing automation platforms.
- Knowledge of SQL, Python or R would be helpful
- Demonstrated problem-solving and time-management skills; ability to coordinate and oversee multiple projects at one time, and to work independently to see projects through to completion
- Excellent demonstrated written and oral communication skills
- Self-starter who needs minimal supervision and able to effectively manage through ambiguity in a fast-paced environment.
- Proficiency in Microsoft Excel, Word and PowerPoint is required.
In return, we will offer you an opportunity to work as part of a dedicated and energetic team at a company with a fantastic culture of commitment to our employees and customers. You'll have an opportunity to participate in a rewards and benefits program which offers medical, dental, vision, life insurance, 401k, and employee stock encourage plan.
Play a part and apply now! To apply for this job, please send your resume and a cover letter and salary expectations to firstname.lastname@example.org, subject with the job title.
Micro Ingredients is an Equal Opportunity Employer. The Company's policy is not to discriminate, nor allow any employee to discriminate against any employee or applicant for employment on the basis of race, color, age, religion, sex, national origin, disability, marital status, sexual orientation, or military status, including veterans and disabled veterans.
Leave a comment